Thursday, February 18, 2010

my love affair with Marge Piercy.


I have only one book by Marge Piercy, but I plan on getting many more. "The Moon is Always Female" has been my favorite for almost a year now. I think she is honest and intriguing and her metaphors are so interesting. She has an inner strength that that draws you to her poems. The first thing I think to say is, I hope to one day write like her. However, she writes the way she writes because she is being true to herself. I have to be true to myself which is a scary thing and which means I can't write like her I have to write like myself. My new way of thinking should be what would Marge Piercy do...

Her website http://www.margepiercy.com/

Beginning of Under Red Aries

I am impossible, I know it,
a fan with a clattering blade loose,
a car with no second gear.
I want you to love freely, I want
you to love richly and many
but I want your mouth to taste of me
and I want to walk in your dreams naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment